Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

A Pattern!


Over the holidays I propose Show and Tell so that we don't miss Hookery too much! Above is McPhee as she was two nights ago. Not sure that I will have her finished By Easter Sunday, but I'll be giving it my very best shot. Especially given the fact that we are now a homework-free zone for a while!

And speaking of the end of term, for boys' teachers I stole the crochet cupcake base, the icing wavy bit, made it bigger and improvised a handle.  I am going to give you the pattern at the end of this post, so chuffed with myself am I!! You should also make colourful little flowers and things to attach to the sides, but I forgot about that in my McPhee obsession!


This is a little teaser from Niqi. She came to our Bun Fun afternoon today, where we raised £145 for Allergy NI, and brought her hooky. You see what we resort to when Hookery is on hold?

Easter baskets- in US Hookish unashamedly tweeked from here.

R1  Ch2, 6sc in 2nd chain from hook
R2  2sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3  *1sc, 2sc in next st* x6 (18 sts)
R4  *2sc, 2sc in next sc* x6 (24 sts)
R5 *3sc, 2sc in next st* x6 (30 sts)
R6  *4sc, 2sc in next sc* x6 (36 sts)
R7  *5sc, 2 sc in next sc* x6 (42 sts)
R8 through back loops only *5sc, dec 1* x6 (36 sts)
R9  *5sc, 2sc in next sc* x6 (42 sts)
R10 *6 sc, 2 sc in next sc* x6 (48 sts)
R11 - 15 sc 48

Wavy edging  *3hdc in next st, sk 1sc, sl st in next st* rep to end x16

Chain appropriate handle length- 24 ch. Attach to basket with sl st, sc in adjoining st on basket.  Sc back along chain. Sc into adjoining st on basket. Sl st to basket. Finish off. Add flowers etc and fill with chocolate - Happy Easter xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulicious baskets Mags, will try to remember to post updates over the hols. Happy Easter Hooking everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE those baskets.
    But I dont speak US-hookish
    is "sc" the same as our "dc"
    and what is 3hdc in English?
    and sk?
    Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang, sc is our double, 3hdc is 3 x htc and sk is just skip one stitch. Set text has excellent instructions for half treble crochet; that's where I learnt it x htc is half treble crochet. I'm on the tablet so excuse bad structure!!!

    ReplyDelete